- Lead our academy and develop the next generation of athletes
- Be a part of a welcoming community and join a dedicated and professional team
- Work with some of the best coaches in the industry
About the Company
Melbourne United are one of ten basketball clubs that form the National Basketball League (NBL) competition. You may formerly know them as their debut name to the league in 1984 as the Melbourne Tigers, until the club was reborn to Melbourne United in 2014.
The National Basketball League (NBL) is regarded as one of the premier basketball organisations in the world and is home to some of the world’s best athletes and is in an exception growth phase worldwide.
The MUBA is a tiered program pacing athletes against their own abilities with the guidance and knowledge of world class coaching staff both on and off the court. There is an extensive selection criteria and selection camps as an entry point with academy offers to successful athletes as a result.
The MUBA incorporates the guidance of the Melbourne United coaches and high performance staff.
The MUBA provides young Victorian basketball players, both male and female aged from under 12 to 18, an introduction into world class training methods for basketball skill development and individual physical preparation.
As our part-time Academy Head Coach, you will be responsible for coaching and developing the Melbourne United Basketball Academy program – working with athletes, coaches and other community stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the program is exceptional.
- Improve participants skills and knowledge of the game by seamlessly delivering Academy training sessions.
- Positively represent and promote Melbourne United at schools, basketball clubs and within the wider community to attract further involvement and engagement.
- Assess the level of play of individuals in Talent Identification opportunities for the Academy and other community programs.
- Work with the Academy Coordinator and Melbourne United Assistant Coaches to develop session plans that reflect the Melbourne United program and shared values.
- Assist the Academy Coordinator and other Academy Coaches to instil a strong, resilient, honest, and proud culture amongst the athletes at all times.
- Assist the Academy Coordinator and NBL Head Coach and Assistant Coaches to deliver select workshops and training sessions in any newly formed Coaches Academy.
- Demonstrated coaching/player development experience (preferably basketball related).
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to inspire others to share the vision of excellence and success.
- Flexibility and adaptability to Australian basketball systems and culture.
- Understanding of the NBL and all other Australian basketball programs in all States and Territories.
- Proven experience in developing talent and engaging with young people to develop relationships.
APPLY NOW! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.