About the Victorian Institute of Sport:
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) was set up to assist the development of Victoria’s best athletes. It was established in 1990 by the State Government as a private trustee company, with its Board of Directors appointed by the Victorian Minister for Sport.
The VIS is located at Lakeside Stadium, Albert Park. It is a non-residential institute, which utilises Melbourne’s outstanding sporting facilities, to allow high performance athletes to live and train in Melbourne, the sporting capital of Australia.
The VIS operates in partnership with National Sporting Organisations and State Sporting Associations to deliver high performance daily training environments (DTEs) for sports and athletes in support of the National High Performance Sport Strategy outcomes.
About the role:
The Accounts Payable Assistant shall deliver a broad range of accounting and administration services to support the financial and business operations of the VIS.
- Accounts Payable – Creation of regular invoice batches for all creditor payments
- Accounts Payable – Processing of payment batches on a weekly basis, ensuring accounts are paid within required payment terms.
- Accounts Payable – Assist in resolving queries from staff and creditors relating to the accounts payable function.
- Accounts Payable – Maintain filing systems for all payment documentation.
- Accounts Payable – Prepare monthly travel statement.
- Accounts Receivable – When required prepare invoices
- Stationery – Organise the ordering, storage, and availability of general stationery items for the office staff.
- Corporate Files – Create new files and arrange for their storage.
- Distribute petty cash reimbursements for approved purchases
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post secondary qualifications in Accounting or another relevant business discipline
- Xero experience
- Microsoft application experience, especially Excel
- Current Victorian motor vehicle drivers licence