- Career development and pathway opportunities
- Enjoy a work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend rosters
- Loads of Y – NSW benefits, including free access
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, friendly and skilled Aquatic Operations Coordinator to join the team at Mt Annan Leisure Centre and lead our Aquatics Operations team.
If you have what we are looking for, this may be the next role for you!
About the role:
Joining a team of dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic leaders at Mount Annan Leisure Centre and Camden Pool, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the facilities. The role entails ensuring the highest standards of service delivery, patron’s safety, as well as compliance to legislation and relevant policies and procedures.
The role requires leadership, support and ongoing training & development to Lifeguards and Duty Managers, as well as plant and building maintenance whilst working with key internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full time role and you will need to have flexible availability across morning, evenings and weekends.
What you will come with:
- Strong leadership qualities and experience in managing teams
- Experience in an ability to develop a collaborative and positive workplace culture
- Demonstrated plant room experience and pool operations is essential
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation and Risk Management
- Relevant industry experience in aquatic pool maintenance
- Experience in managing a team of Lifeguards and Duty Managers
- Aquatic Technical Operations Certificate (Pool Ops)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current Pool Lifeguard License / Qualification
Y work with us?
- Work within a supportive team environment
- Room to learn and develop within the organisation
- Flexible hours and arrangements, for a work-life balance that works for you
- Awesome discounts on The Y services and products
- Corporate health insurance cover to keep you healthy
Our Recreation Team is a close-knit community of energetic people-people, with a passion for staying active and helping others. From our Duty Managers and Customer Service Officers, to our Instructors and Coordinators, the team are responsible for transforming our 24 Recreation Centres into warm, inclusive and safe spaces – providing access to health, fitness and recreation opportunities for those who need it most. As part of The Y family, you’ll be responsible for the care and wellbeing of vulnerable and underprivileged young people, always acting with integrity and respect to provide fun and meaningful experiences, safely. We’ll reward you with perks like flexible hours and free facility membership, and support you to build valuable people, leadership and life skills – all while you make a difference to your community.
Who What Y?
The Y NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 24 recreation centres, 53 out-of-school-hours care services, and two camping locations which employ 1,500 staff across NSW – and fund our diverse range of enriching community programs.
We believe in building a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, to apply.
This position involves direct contact with vulnerable persons who have an increased risk of COVID-19, including children. It is a condition of employment that successful applicants provide evidence of compliance with YMCA NSW’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy prior to commencing.
Commitment to Safeguarding
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we embed Safeguarding into everything that we do to make sure Children and Young People are kept at the front of our minds in all our programs and services. We also ensure that all our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles to keep our children and young people safe.