The Ivanhoe Knights Basketball Club is going through unprecedented growth and a result we have a position available for a Basketball Development Manager.
This role is all about development and engagement. The successful applicant will focus on the growth and management of all IKBC programs, (Kinder/Little Knights, ALL Knights, Knights in schools) promoting, connecting, and facilitating these within the community.
You will assist in group squad coaching (development, shooting, girls), event/camp management programs (holiday, 3×3) and targeted small group sessions. You will be a 21C to our Coaching & Player Development Director and will play an important role in the training, upskilling, and mentoring of our Development Officers and Club Coaches.
Importantly you will use your coaching, development, and engagement expertise to contribute to our strategic plan around how we continue to teach, encourage, and grow the game of basketball in Melbourne’s North-East.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
You will work closely with the Coaching & Player Development Director (DOC) and the Basketball Operations Manager (BOM) to ensure that all key duties and responsibilities are facilitated to the need and expectation of the Club.
- 2IC to the Coaching and Player Development Director
- Focus on E2E management and growth of IKBC entry level development programs (Little/Kinder Knights, ALL Knights)
- Manage Coaches and Players in the entry level development programs
- Manage the Knights in Schools program, promoting, connecting, and networking across all key stakeholders
- Involvement in player selection and improvement agenda to grow player capability
- Assist with camp/event management and coaching (3×3, Elite, Hoop)
- Assist with all squad group coaching (dev, shooting)
- Present at the Coaching mentor program
- Lead Coach at Little Knights program
- Visible leadership role with parents in promoting the IK basketball program (keep in game)
- Assist in Revenue creation through seamless facilitation of development, engagement, and participation (including elite) pathways
- Assist in providing training plans for each age/skill level (alignment across club)
- Actively assist in attracting, growing, and retaining players, coaches, and volunteers
- Provide ideas and recommendations on facility and equipment needs
- Mentor, inspire, empower players and coaches with any basketball play needs
- Help DOC create, facilitate skills workshops, clinics, camps, programs, developing players/coaches
- Escalation point for coaching, development, and training needs
- Play key role in formalised mentoring/feedback program for Club Coaches and Development officer
- Attend weekend games/weeknight trainings to evaluate progress, support and assist
- Assist in venue management requirements (Saturday and during the week) when required
- Work flexible hours as agreed with DOC and BOM
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Basketball Victoria Community/Club coaching accreditation (or similar)
- Evolved stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Business acumen
- Demonstrated coaching/player development experience (preferably basketball related)
- History of being involved in or playing sport
- Love of sports/basketball
- Passion for community work, youth development and sport
- Played organised, team basketball
- Tech savvy
- Action orientated, adaptive and self-motivated