Reporting To: BTBC General Manager
Remuneration: Based on qualifications and experience in line with industry award
Hours: 38 hours per week (Full Time)
- BTBC Members & Coaches
- BTBC Administration Officer
- BTBC Basketball Development & Domestic Officer
- BTBC Community Basketball & Programs Officer
- BTBC Junior Championship Convenor
About Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club
Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club (BTBC) is one of the largest sporting clubs in Melbourne. Our vision is to “Be the number one basketball club in Australia for providing the Boomers community, leadership and pathways that enable our people to achieve their best”.
Our goal is to grow and strengthen our basketball community, by providing development pathways that are affordable and accessible to everyone.
Commitment to Child Safety All children who participate or work in programs at Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club have a right to feel and be safe. The welfare of the children in our care will always be our first priority. We aim to create a child-safe and child-friendly environment where children feel safe to engage and participate in our programs. Our robust human resources and recruitment practices ensure all staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children and are committed to their safety and wellbeing.
The Basketball Development & Operations Manager will work closely with the General Manager and BTBC board to develop, implement, and coordinate the club’s Basketball programs and activities, both from a high-performance and participation basis, with a view to growing participation rates and delivering accessible basketball development programs.
The Basketball Development & Operations Manager is responsible for leading the on and off-court development of the clubs junior representative program (VJBL), senior representative program (BIG V) working with the club’s identified coaches and players to strengthen ties with the BIG V pathway and deliver advanced player and coach education.
To be considered for this role you will have extensive experience in coaching the sport of basketball in leadership roles with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing successful Basketball programs
- Proven experience in building and leveraging relationships to influence and work effectively
- Demonstrated experience in developing operational plans and strategies
- Relevant program delivery experience
- Experience in managing casual staff and volunteers
- Minimum Level 1 (Club) coaching qualification
- Current Working with Children’s Check (WWC)
- Advanced understanding of the Basketball Victoria pathway and VJBL metrics
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of basketball clubs and players
- Strong and adaptable communication skills with the ability to drive network engagement and gain confidence with key stakeholders
- An unwavering desire to ensure a child-safe environment.
- Compelling communicator
- Partnership builder
- Capacity to lead, and develop others
- Ability to inspire excellence
- Target setting and measuring outcomes
- Holding others to account, without causing team disharmony
- Commitment to Excellence, Integrity, Accountability and Respect
- Strong ambition for basketballs growth
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Engaging and collaborative
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- A continuous learner, innovative and open-minded
Strategy Development & Execution:
High Performance & Player Development
- Responsible for all aspects of the VJBL player development program
- Deliver and lead VJBL try outs, training curriculum, session plans and game day feedback and player mentoring
- Develop and deliver the ‘Bulleen Baseline’ philosophy and curriculum in all on-court sessions as required
- Coordinate the ‘Boomers Talent’ program
- Coordinate and deliver the club’s ‘VJBL Skills Sessions/Camps’ – driving performance across players
- Coordinate and deliver the ‘Boomers Futures Tour’ – a learning and development experience for players
- Coordinate and deliver the club’s BIGV player development pathway program
Coach Education & Development
- Lead coach development activities, fostering and maintaining effective relationships with coaches
- Undertake coach mentoring, with a focus on the club’s VJBL/BIG V Head Coaches
- Recruit, retain and develop coaches in the VJBL program
- Responsible for VJBL coach selection and mentoring
- Develop coaching manuals and the ‘Bulleen Baseline’ philosophy:
- Provide practical coach curriculum and learning tools, with a digital focus
- Provide accessible and practical coaching resources, to assist and educate club coaches
Program Leadership & Management:
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure all relevant activities comply with BTBC policies and procedures
- Oversee and assist with the appointment of BIG V Coaches and the ongoing performance of Senior Championship teams.
- Support participation growth within our junior/senior and/or new competitions such as 3×3 Domestic, Mixed Competitions, Masters Competitions, Wheelchair and Walking Basketball.
- Execute the operational plans in line with BTBC budgets
- Ensure all BTBC Intellectual Property is recorded and maintained
Environment & Culture:
- Establish an environment and supportive culture, aligned to the BTBC values, driving the holistic development of players and coaches
- Embrace basketballs culture and use key cultural elements to inform the delivery of the BTBC basketball programs
- Become a health and safety champion by identifying risks and developing appropriate interventions
- Ensure open and regular communications are maintained between all parties involved in the program including players, coaches, service providers, funding agencies, supporters, media, sponsors and staff
- Establish a collaborative, integrated and embedded team providing leadership, management, and support to all
- Provide management and coordination support for other BTBC events
Stakeholder & Membership Relations:
- Work with the General Manager to engage government agencies and commercial partners
- In conjunction with the General Manager, support agreed strategies to ensure effective communication with BTBC sponsors and the broader basketball industry.
- Support the implementation of agreed special projects that will enhance BTBC profile and performance