About Newcastle Basketball:
Newcastle Basketball is one of the largest Sporting Associations in New South Wales and one of the fastest-growing sports in the Hunter Region, with over 4,800 registered members. As an affiliated member of Basketball NSW and Basketball Australia, Newcastle Basketball provides an inclusive, safe and friendly environment for participation in a variety of community activities with a primary focus on basketball.
Newcastle Basketball sees an opportunity to substantially grow our sponsorship portfolio and develop new business opportunities (with a particular focus on exploring opportunities outside of core business).
The Newcastle Falcons men’s and women’s teams participate in the NBL1 competition. Our goal is to deliver a product that is best in practice both on and off the court. The association also seeks to attract a WNBL license in the future and this role, with the work that it does around growing our NBL1 sponsorship will help lay the foundation for this to happen.
The organisation is currently based at Newcastle Basketball Stadium, however, we have recently announced funding to build a new 8-court facility with plans to extend to 12 courts pending additional funding. This will allow Newcastle Basketball to become the largest basketball association in NSW, and open up opportunities for the attraction and delivery of regional, state, and national sporting and entertainment events.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase revenue and drive business growth at Newcastle Basketball. This will involve identifying new business opportunities, growing sponsorship, and attracting and delivering events. As a key member of the management team, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business development plan to increase revenue and drive growth.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop strategies to capitalise on these opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including local businesses, schools, government, and sporting and community organisations.
- Manage marketing and promotional activities to increase visibility and attract new business.
- Explore opportunities to attract and/or deliver events both inside and outside of sport.
- Develop initiatives to increase facility hire during non-peak periods.
- Seek additional funding through grants, donations, and collaborations.
What we offer:
Newcastle Basketball offers a competitive salary package, negotiable depending upon skill level and experience.