About Rainbow Club
Rainbow Club is a registered charity with over 50 years’ experience, helping children with a disability learn to swim and be safe in the water.
We have over 50 clubs and 1,900 members in NSW and QLD, with plans to increase our footprint to meet the increasing demand from the community. We also employ over 300 qualified swimming teachers on a casual basis to provide personalised swimming lessons and aqua exercise to children and young adults with a disability.
About the role
Rainbow Club is seeking a talented Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the business through its next phase of growth and continue to meet the growing demand for our services in the community.
As CEO you will work closely with the Rainbow Club board to deliver on its strategic objectives and ensure the ongoing effectiveness of our swimming and leisure programs. A trusted adviser to the Board, you will lead Rainbow Club in embedding a culture of excellence, care, value, and strategic thinking, to continue the success and reach of the organisation in the community.
Rainbow Club is a lean and agile organisation primarily funded through membership, as well as Government grants, fundraising and the support of philanthropic partners.
The role therefore has a strong focus on maintaining positive relationships with Government funding organisations as well as growing the level of support from the philanthropic sector.
The role is full-time and applicants must be based in the Sydney.
With CEO or executive experience, ideally working with not for profit, community and/or disability sectors, and managing a diverse and remotely located workforce, you have successfully led complex multidisciplinary organisations or teams, while reporting to a Board, or similar.
You thrive on challenge and balancing competing interests in growth focussed, tightly budgeted and regulated environments. Inspiring and emotionally intelligent, you are known for your integrity, communication skills, influence, governance, and people leadership skills.
A passionate and visible leader, you are motivated by the making a genuine difference to the lives of children, their families and the community.
- Develop and implement strategic plans in conjunction with the Board and Senior Leaders
- Provide strong, collaborative & visible leadership for staff, volunteers, teachers, and committee members
- Ensure the sound financial management, efficient administration, and growth of the organisation
- Provide strong advocacy and stakeholder engagement for the organisation and its members
- Maintain, seek out and develop strategic relationships and partnering opportunities.
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in Business, Community Services, or related discipline.
- Extensive executive experience within the Community, Health and/or Disability services
- Exceptional financial acumen
- Experience working collaboratively with a Board to deliver on strategic plans
- Experience developing and leading a high-performance culture.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Board reporting experience on key performance indicators.
- Experience in leading a values-based organisation with strong community focus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded & growing Disability Service Provider at a pivotal time, working in an influential and critical leadership capacity.
An attractive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant.