South East Melbourne Phoenix are an Australian professional basketball team and a member of the National Basketball League (NBL). Based in the South East of Melbourne, the Phoenix were founded in 2018 and debuted in the 2019-20 season.
An efficiently run team with strong core values, our success is based on hard work, commitment and connection, with the Phoenix being well placed for future growth and ready to make our mark on the NBL competition.
Joining the Club represents a unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, elite sporting environment where you can be yourself and thrive.
We are committed to creating a supportive environment in which people feel connected to our Club and to each other. Importantly we want to have fun!
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for the selling of all Phoenix corporate products, with a primary focus on new sponsorship properties, digital campaign sales and the suite of corporate hospitality products.
Key accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Identify properties, target companies and sell sponsorships. Develop digital sales assets to take to market as well as identifying prospects. Sell hospitality packages within sponsorship packages
- Develop and maintain commercial networks through positive relationships with clients and prospects, including attending selected sponsor events
- Liaise with Partnerships Executive to ensure that properties within the proposal are achievable and can be delivered
- Develop a thorough understanding of the NBL Commercial Guidelines and ensure Club compliance
- Take a lead in collaborating with the commercial, digital team and marketing team in developing proposals
This role will deliver match day support to the department at all home games. With weekend and evening work attendance during the NBL season.
The ideal candidate
As the successful candidate, you will be highly organised and an effective collaborator, and experience leading a team, with an understanding of the commercial sporting environment.
You will have proven experience in business development / corporate sales with excellent sales and negotiation skills and strong ability to network.
Your passion for driving customer experience and the ability to build strong relationships sets you apart. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills, high attention to detail and the ability to effectively prioritise and manage your time.
Applications close Friday 14th April 2023.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
South East Melbourne Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and diverse candidates. We provide a welcoming, safe and flexible approach to work and provide an environment that benefits from and enables the best from everyone.
As an organisation we are committed to protecting children and young people from harm. It is essential that anyone involved with South East Melbourne Phoenix understands their responsibility in relation to child safety. Our organisation requires all applicants to obtain a ‘Working with Children Check’ prior to appointment.