As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Facilities and Government Partnerships Manager, the Commercial Partnerships Lead is primarily responsible for the implementation of the AFLNT Commercial Operations Plan, servicing and administering all corporate partnership/sponsor agreements and supporting the collection, reporting and analysis of business and operational data. The position also drives the attraction of new and retention of existing partnerships across AFLNT’s business.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
Leading the Implementation of the AFLNT Commercial Operations Plan in conjunction with the business leaders across AFLNT. This role will report to the Facilities and Government Partnerships Manager but will work closely with all departments.
Partnership Attraction and Servicing
- Timely servicing of all AFLNT Corporate Partnership agreements
- Working with the Executive Team to ensure all sponsorship KPI’s are met and contractual obligations adhered to
- Working collaboratively to devise and execute a plan to maintain and increase commercial partnerships across AFLNT.
- Monitoring sponsor satisfaction and ensuring expectations are exceeded, including development of data tools
- Plan and deliver key partnership activations as they arise, working closely across the wider business
- Manage contract renewal and sponsor retention, including strong relationships with partners
Analysis & Reporting
- Assist in the development of reporting templates for internal & external stakeholders
- Collect and analyse data from internal & external stakeholders to complete required reporting
- Assist with the completion of bi-annual reports, including analysis of data, for all relevant Government & Commercial funding agreements
- Complete weekly reporting of internal metrics for Commercial Operations
- Provide recommendations to the business for improvements in data recording and reporting, including development of relevant templates
- Assist with development of funding proposals to government and non-government organisations
- Provide data analysis, benchmarking reports and grant related reporting in line with various funding agreements
- Assist with the annual club development grant process, including communication with NTFL clubs, review of applications and acquittals
- Undertake other duties to support events management and commercial operations as required
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Experience and understanding of the corporate sponsorship market
- Ability to develop and produce high level stakeholder and agreement related reports
- Ability to prioritise workload in high volume environment
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Experience in building and maintaining professional working relationships with stakeholders and team members
- Relevant business experience – administration, sales, advertising, marketing and/or promotional background
- Valid NT working with children’s card, or ability to obtain one prior to commencement in role
- Evidence of cross-cultural awareness
- Good understanding of AFL Football in the Northern Territory
Please visit www.afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 26 April 2023