At Victoria Racing Club (VRC), our mission is to be treasured by all as a world leader in racing and event entertainment, guaranteeing an unrivalled experience. We believe this doesn’t stop with the experience we provide for our customers, the experience we provide for our team is just as important.
Our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Excellence, and Integrity guide the decisions we make, the way we interact with each other and provide the basis for a great culture.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to support the delivery of the strategy and lead the operations of Consumer Products with a focus on end to end planning and execution of the retail and member merchandise program, to effectively contribute to the strategic growth of the Club.
- Contribute to and execute the VRC membership strategies with operational excellence and enhanced offering and stakeholder and customer experience to drive growth in Consumer Products.
- Contribute to the development of the Consumer Products strategy including product, pricing and sales for all customer segments including internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of the Licensing model and strategy.
- Lead and manage the Consumer Products function including retail and merchandise operations across all channels including online, events and race days and internal requirements.
- Lead and execute resource planning, distribution planning, inventory management, analytical reporting, financial compliance, staff management, stock control and the buying strategy.
- Develop marketing, communications and PR campaign plans and implementation in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team.
- Develop new and innovative products to take to market.
- Manage supplier agreements and procurement.
- Lead the relationships with suppliers and key Club and industry stakeholders.
- Continually review and improve processes and reporting to create efficiencies.
- Support the Membership, Ticketing and Customer Operations team with any tasks as required.
Experience & Expertise
- Tertiary degree qualification in business-related discipline with proven leadership skills in a similar environment.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in a merchandise or consumer products role.
- Extensive understanding and experience with suppliers, licensees, fulfilment centres, digital and physical stores.
- A collaborative approach with a focus on operational excellence and execution.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong working relationships and ability to use expertise and knowledge to influence the best outcomes.
- Aptitude for problem solving.
- Open to constructive feedback and exhibit a drive for personal growth and development.
- Can-do attitude and positive contributor to culture.
You take pride in the role you play in an organisation and you have passion and energy to work in a dynamic and busy environment which is focused on collaboration, ongoing improvement and innovation.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid work – work from home & onsite at Flemington Racecourse
- Be part of our iconic racing club and “The race that Stops the Nation”
- Work with a great team & have fun while you work
- Join a company that wants to develop your career
- Health and Wellbeing programs including EAP
- Industry ticketing including VRC Staff Membership
- Free Travel Insurance, novated leasing and up to 50% off a range of TCL products
How to Apply
If this sounds like you and feel you meet the above criteria, then apply now by forwarding your resume with a cover letter.
You will be required to meet VRC’s employment criteria which may include but not be limited to reference checks, VEVO check and a National Police check.