- Exciting opportunity to join Wyndham City’s Sport and Recreation team
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of infrastructure to support Wyndham residents be healthy and active!
- Full time permanent role, based in Werribee with workplace flexibility
- Salary from $121k to $134k plus super, commensurate with skills and experience
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
We are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure Wyndham is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents to the region by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
About the role
The Coordinator Recreation Strategy, Planning and Projects leads the team responsible for the planning and development of sport and active recreation infrastructure in one of Australia’s fastest growing and diverse regions.
Reporting to the Manager Sport & Recreation and working collaboratively with a diverse range of staff across the organisation, you will deliver industry leading project planning, governance and stakeholder management to underpin the success of both individual projects and the overall capital works program.
This is a rare opportunity to take the lead in creating a healthy and active city for the future! Wyndham has an ambitious pipeline of future projects and this role will afford the opportunity to work on an exciting and diverse range of projects to ensure Wyndham’s facility network services community demand and is responsive to emerging physical activity preferences and trends.
You will deliver
- Effective and empowering leadership to a dynamic and highly skilled team
- Diverse project ownership and management of projects across a broad portfolio of facilities and reserves
- Implementation of the Active Wyndham Strategy
- Contribution to and commencement of several sport and recreation Master Plans
- Planning for Wyndham’s next major indoor recreation facilities
- Policy reviews for the development of sport and recreation infrastructure
You will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Recreation Planning, Sports Management, Community Development or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining networks and ongoing relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in developing strategies, communications plans, Council briefs, action plans and reports.
- Experience and significant achievement in successful project outcomes within a sensitive, time-pressured and political environment.
- Multidisciplinary project management and evaluation experience
- Be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?