About Newcastle Basketball:
Newcastle Basketball is one of the largest Sporting Associations in New South Wales and one of the fastest-growing sports in the Hunter Region, with over 4,800 registered members. As an affiliated member of Basketball NSW and Basketball Australia, Newcastle Basketball provides an inclusive, safe and friendly environment for participation in a variety of community activities with a primary focus on basketball.
Newcastle Basketball has experienced substantial growth over the past two years. During this time our programs and competitions have doubled in size. With over 1800 juniors, 400 Aussie Hoopers, and 100 Mini-Hoopers participating in the sport each week we see an opportunity to review our program delivery, with a focus on aligning athlete and coach development across all of our programs.
Our goal is to provide all athletes and coaches with opportunities to grow and develop, so that everyone can pursue our sport at the level they choose. This role will support this vision working with players and coaches across our development programs, domestic competitions, and representative teams.
The organisation is currently based at Newcastle Basketball Stadium, however, we have recently announced funding to build a new 8-court facility with plans to extend to 12 courts pending additional funding. This will allow Newcastle Basketball to become the largest basketball association in NSW and provide increased opportunities to grow our programs and for the role to grow with the successful candidate.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Development Officer to join our team.
The Development Officer will be responsible for reviewing and improving program delivery across a range of programs to support player and coach development. As a key member of the team, the Development Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee program design and delivery of Mini-Hoops (ages 3-5), Aussie Hoops (ages 5-12), academies, skill programs, and holiday camps.
- Develop a skills matrix, style of play document, and coaching resources to support athlete progression across programs.
- Develop a coaches club, and oversee coach development across the association.
- Support the delivery of school programs including Sporting Schools, So You Think You Can Play, and school tournaments.
- Assist with selection of coaches and athletes for representative basketball, and grading of players and teams for domestic competitions.
- Support the development and delivery of new competitions including 3×3.
What we offer:
Newcastle Basketball offers a competitive salary package, negotiable depending upon skill level and experience.