As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the AFL Digital Sales team and is instrumental in the overall success of digital commercial outcomes.
Reporting into the Digital Sales Executives, The AFL Digital Sales Coordinator will have strong communication skills, a positive attitude, be proactive, have an eye for detail and thrive in a busy work environment where deadline driven outcomes need to be delivered.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Administrative support to sales management and sales team
- Oversee data entry and maintenance of all sales related data into internal systems
- Reporting – compiling weekly, monthly and quarterly updates
- Preparation of presentations, proposals, briefs and responses for Account Managers and Sales Managers
- Delivery of digital campaigns in full with avoidance of shortfalls
- Capture of proof of purchase for all approved AFL digital activity
- Accuracy and timeliness as a part of a results driven sales process
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Adopts a structured approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build rapport with both internal and external relationships
- Anticipates and addresses sources of potential conflict
- Enjoys achieving targets and is motivated by financial benchmarks
- Minimum 1-2 years’ publisher, agency, media or sports organization
- Strong time management skills and ability to hit deadlines
- Experience using Excel at an intermediate level
- Experience in Google Slides, PowerPoint/Keynote presentations
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Marketing, Media or Public relations, desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Power Point), desirable
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Ad Manager, Analytics, Slides, Sheets), desirable
- Knowledge of the media industry trends (CPM’s, CPV’s), desirable
- Knowledge of the AFL game, desirable
Please visit afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 28 April 2023