As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The exciting, new AFL Expansion Hub encompasses marketing, data and consumer sales teams, working together to drive growth of the game in non-traditional football markets.
The Expansion Hub Manager – QLD role will work in partnership with AFL QLD, Gold Coast SUNS and Brisbane Lions to retain and transition our rapidly growing and record-breaking participant base to Club fans, with an emphasis on attendance and membership outcomes. The role will be based at the AFLQ Head office at Yeronga with an expectation to spend one day a fortnight at the AFLQ Gold Coast office and AFLQ Brighton Homes Arena office.
Specifically, the purpose of the role is to:
- Build a clear pathway from participation to Club fandom (and vice versa).
- Drive more people to participate, attend and support the SUNS and Lions through membership.
- Support SUNS and Lions consumer revenue growth.
The role is a 12 month max term contract and will also collaborate with colleagues in the Expansion Hub located in Western Sydney.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Establish and execute a strategy to build a clear pathway from participation to Club fandom.
- Work closely with the SUNS and Lions to support membership and attendance outcomes.
- Execution of retention strategies for participants ongoing and enhancing the overall participant experience.
- Utilise data to convert participants to SUNS and Lions attendees and members.
- Support Junior Football Engagement in partnership with SUNS and Lions staff.
- Engage coaches and volunteers to enhance their AFL experience.
- In collaboration with AFL QLD and National Schools teams, communicate opportunities for SUNS and Lions to add value to Schools programs and/or events.
- Collaborate with Expansion Hub colleagues in Western Sydney to support work with SUNS and Lions.
- Work collaboratively with Game Development Engagement and AFL QLD to support participation marketing activity across community football, NAB AFL Auskick and schools’ programs.
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Strong familiarity with Queensland football competitions, programs and AFL Clubs.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- A strong relationship builder across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively and think outside the box.
- Results and performance drive, personal effectiveness
- Strong marketing and promotional skills, from planning initiatives through to their execution and evaluation.
- 7+ years background in marketing, memberships and/or game development.
- Strong local knowledge of Gold Coast Suns and Brisbane Lions Regions
- Specific experience in Sports Marketing (membership and consumer), desirable
Please visit afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 25 April 2023