The Gold Coast Football Club aims to build a reputation as the most exciting football club in Australia. Strong values and driving a culture of success both on and off the field is central to achieving this goal.
We are currently seeking a driven and energetic Fan Development Coordinator to grow and develop our fan base. Reporting to the Community Programs and Engagement Manager and working closely with the broader Consumer, Community and Marketing team, you will be largely autonomous in your role as you go about your data acquisition, junior fan club, ticket sampling and local Junior Football initiatives.
- Support the Community Programs and Engagement Manager with the development and delivery of Database Development action plans for the season.
- Coordinate home match ticket sampling (i.e. free ticket) programs in conjunction with ticketing coordinator including planning, execution and evaluation.
- Plan and execute the club’s data acquisition programs ensuring there is a program to acquire data across all of the club’s fan touchpoints.
- Support the Community Programs and Engagement Manager in the development of the around the Little Legends Fan Club and lead the delivery of the program.
- Work with staff across the department to develop and execute campaigns to extend fan relationships from attendees to repeat and engaged ticket purchasers.
- Manage the development and the execution of the Fan Development match day activations for the Gold Coast SUNS.
- Provide direction, planning and maintain quality control of the club’s and AFLQ’s team attendance at community promotional events including set-up, staffing, promotional stock and maximizing data acquisition and ticket sales at these events. This may include attendance at these events from time to time.
- Plan and produce marketing and communications materials required for Fan Development programs in liaison with key internal stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to the Community Programs and Engagement Manager including the production of reports as required and assisting with budget maintenance procedures.
- Implement the partnership between Gold Coast SUNS and AFL Queensland focussing on the Local Football Engagement Program
- Drive the Fan Development outcomes for AFLQ Juniors membership program and drive additional membership and ticketing sales and increase attendance at games.
- Oversee Gold Coast SUNS relationship with NAB Auskick in the SUNS zones across the state including the delivery of the Game Day Live program and the Auskick Junior Membership Program.
- Any other duties as directed by the Community Programs and Engagement Manager
Essential qualifications / experience / skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills including a commitment to open & honest communication
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High level administrative, written and oral skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise work, multi-task and meet tight time frames with an enthusiasm to achieve the best results
- Strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A team player who will contribute to team goals
- A strong personal brand, including displaying a strong set of values, integrity and a commitment to professionalism and accountability
- A commitment to personal learning and development
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security in all aspects of the business
- Previous fan development experience in a sport setting
- Database and sales experience
- A degree or diploma in Business/Administration/Marketing (or similar)
- Knowledge of AFL is not essential but will be well regarded
If you are passionate, determined and willing to kick several goals with us, please apply