At the National Rugby League (NRL) we’re very proud of our game and the impact it has on players, fans and communities. Rugby League is an inclusive sport for everyone. Our workplace champions inclusion and celebrates diversity.
The participation team connect and engage with all areas of Community rugby league to deliver a safe, enjoyable community friendly experience. The team provides a number of opportunities across schools, junior league and the volunteer network including school introductory programs and competitions, teacher support and training, volunteer education and resources as well as world class player retention programs and playing formats.
The NRL Game Development & Participation team have an exciting opportunity for a Game Development Officer to join the team servicing Townsville! This exciting role focuses on grassroots participation which contributes towards the overall strategy of growing the game, allowing you to have a meaningful impact on the game at the community rugby league level, coordinating and delivering in schools, rugby league clubs and community events!
The successful candidate for this role will be self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic about Rugby League. You will be passionate about making a positive difference to people’s lives and growing the game of Rugby League.
In the role you will:
- Manage the planning and delivery of programs and initiatives to increase participation within Community Rugby League
- Support Rugby League community clubs, through volunteer workforce education support/updates, and club program delivery
- Implementing strategies that increase Male and Female Retention in registered formats
- Identification, development and coordination of work plans that specifically target increasing participation across Community Rugby League Programs
- Conduct promotion and engagement activities to increase awareness and acceptance of Rugby League at all levels
- Assist with club development or initiatives that supports sustainability or capacity improvement, governance and general compliance
- Support clubs with recruitment programs including Club Connect, and Come ‘n Try events
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with experience in the sports industry and/or education
- Experience in program development and facilitation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, experience managing challenging stakeholders and ability to manage difficult conversations
- Strong organisation, planning and time management skills
- Project and event management experience
- Highly effective communication and relationship building skills
- Teaching, Junior Rugby League coaching, first aid and/or administration experience is highly desired
- Drivers’ Licence
- Current Working with Children credentials for paid work and proven experience working with children
Whilst we look for qualifications and experience, we also look for people who share the same beliefs as our organisation – we are UNITED, POSITIVE, INCLUSIVE & DISCIPLINED.
Should you meet most of the criteria, have the right to work in Australia and share our beliefs, please apply.
The NRL is a child-safe organisation committed to providing a safe place for all children to learn and have fun. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with us and require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, a process that will include, but is not limited to comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, “Working with Children” checks and/or national criminal history checks.