Football Australia is situated on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. We acknowledge the histories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building a brighter future together.
Football Australia is the national governing body for football in Australia and a member of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international governing body for football. It governs all national teams, the A-Leagues (in Football Australia’s capacity as the regulatory body), Australia Cup, National Premier Leagues and leads state, community, and grassroots football.
Football in Australia is a melting pot of approximately 2 million participants represented by over 200 different cultures, we are proud to be the most diverse and globally connected sport within the Australian sporting landscape.
This diversity in culture, ideas, and experience makes us strong and prepares us to achieve our vision to ‘be a leading football nation where everyone is inspired to live and love the game’. To achieve this, we live by our company values which include:
- Impact On & Off the Field: Challenge the way we think and do to seek ways to grow the impact football has, influence industry thought leaders.
- Inclusive & Diverse Football for all: Football is embedded in the nation’s social fabric, follows the story of Australia, be accessible for all
- A United Team: Bringing people together to unleash the power of football and to deliver the vision, we bring the team spirit to the game
- Trust: Building trust across the whole football community, be trusted custodians of the game, act with integrity and objectivity
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Professional Football & Competitions, this Sydney-based role predominately focuses on Principle IV, V, VII, IX and X of the XI Principles for the Future of Australian Football and is responsible for managing the Competitions team. This role is responsible for the management and strategy implementation of national competitions and tournaments (Australia Cup, National Premier Leagues, National Youth Championships and National Futsal Championships). This role will work on key strategic and policy matters relating to both national competitions and tournaments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Competition Strategy & Planning: Responsible for managing the strategic planning agenda for national competitions with the focus on facilitating mid to long-term growth opportunities, improved competition performance (both on and off the pitch), increased viability and optimising media and commercial value of competitions products
- Competition Development: Development of critical competition operations designed to optimise all national competitions and tournaments
- Scheduling: Drive the optimisation and setting of the Domestic Match Calendar year on year
- Broadcast & Commercial: Act as key competitions contact for broadcast and commercial partners across programming, production and match day delivery
- Leadership: Manage senior stakeholders across the football eco-system with the Australian Professional Leagues, A-Leagues clubs, Member Federations, Broadcast partners, NPL Clubs and the AFC
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of industry experience in planning, developing and managing football competitions, sport administration, project management or similar field
- University degree required, with degree in sport management, business/administration or sport-related field preferred
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of contemporary initiatives for competition enhancement
- Well-organised and ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Diplomacy and strong customer service approach
- Understanding of core principles of Football Development
- Strong IT knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office products
- Awareness and alignment to the FA XI Principles
- Full working rights in Australia
- Working with children check (paid/ employee) or state-based equivalent
- Out of hours and weekend work as required
WHAT WE OFFER
At Football Australia we want look after our people and below are just some of the many benefits of joining our team:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Birthday Leave
- Study Leave
- Wellbeing & Lifestyle leave
- Paid Parental leave in addition to statutory government offering
- Volunteer leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Partner discounts
- Workplace Banking Program
- Social Activities such as 5-a-side futsal
Click APPLY NOW to submit your application, including a cover letter and current resume.
Application Closing Date: 20 April 2023
Football Australia are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity, and inclusion. Our values and behaviours support and encourage an environment that sees it’s people drive impact on and off the pitch, are trusting in each other, united to achieve and embrace an inclusive environment.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island people, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you require support or advice with your application, please contact us.
In submitting an application, you agree to our collection statement. To review, head to the following link: footballaustralia.com.au/jobs/collection-statement