La Trobe Sport is a University initiative with the strategic goal of developing La Trobe University into the University of choice for Sport in Australia.
La Trobe Sport facilitates programs, partnerships, research, and course developments to enable La Trobe to be the leading university in Australia for sport-related teaching and research, to support student participation in sport and sport related clubs and to actively engage the local community and schools using its sporting facilities and sport services.
La Trobe Sport is currently seeking qualified gym instructors at both the Bundoora and Bendigo Campuses.
Reporting to the Health & Fitness Coordinator in Bundoora or the Regional Sport Coordinator in Bendigo, the Gym Instructor’s primary responsibilities are to provide assistance and support to gym floor users of all demographics and abilities. Planning and running small group training classes, ensuring a safe and clean training environment is always maintained, and proactively navigating our suite of digital products to positively contribute to our member experience. La Trobe Sport provides a safe and inclusive environment for its members, no matter their experience or training goals, everyone is welcome.
Duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer services to all stakeholders of La Trobe Sport as per our customer service charter
- Providing effective supervision of the gym facility to ensure the safety of all facility users
- Undertaking PARQ and fitness-based assessments for cliental, assessing their readiness for an exercise training program and implementing a structured session plan that is in accordance with their needs/goals
- Developing safe and effective training programs based on clients’ goals, experience, and current fitness levels
- Providing initial first aid treatment within the competencies of acquired training
- Attending to relevant tasks, checklists and duties associated with gym floor management and upkeep
- Provide group-based training for small groups of all demographics
- Attending relevant meetings and training sessions
- Attending training as required including but not limited to a minimum of two emergency training and two gym-based training sessions annually