The YMCA offers classes for children from crawling age through to 13 years, youth classes from 14 years up, and adult classes. Our programs encourage children to participate in a safe and structured environment. Gymnasts can progress from Kinder Gym through to National Competition levels based on age and skill level. We have a variety of gymnastics programs for different levels to suit everyone’s needs.
About the work space
YMCA Bowen Hills Gymnastics has taught thousands of children and hundreds of adults the fun-filled sport of gymnastics. Classes begin from crawling age and are perfect for all skill levels. We offer Kinder Gym, Traditional Gymnastics (Steps), Competitive Gymnastics, casual Gym Play, Adult Gymnastics and Adult Tumbling.
As a Gymnastics Coach, your key responsibilities will include:
- Timely set-up of gymnastics equipment and commencement of the class;
- Teach gymnastics through the use of suitable progressions and lesson plans in accordance with the YMCA’s Mission Statement, Policies and Procedures and the requirements of Gymnastics Australia;
- Prepared gymnasts for testing or competition within the timeframe on the coaching plan;
- Assist with supervising children during warm up and ensure safety of all children.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Gymnastics Coaching Qualifications – If you don’t have them we can assist!
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice experience in all aspects of gymnastics;
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a rewarding working environment.
YMCA also offers an excellent employee benefits program which includes:
- Free YMCA gym membership;
- Discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel;
- Discounted rates at our childcare facilities
- Discounted rate on health care through; Medibank Private;
- A range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police checks) to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: ymca.org.au/about-us/safeguarding-children-young-people/safeguardingresources
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people