As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The AFLW has made momentous strides in just 7 years but is only at the beginning of its journey. The Head of AFLW Brand and Experience will be responsible for developing and delivering the brand and engagement strategy for AFLW. Aligning with the competition’s long-term vision, the role will define AFLW’s brand identity and personality, supported by a clear understanding of its audience and purpose, with a focus on the total experience for our fans across all engagement points, from digital to broadcast, match day to social media.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Oversee a brand identity for AFLW that:
- Feels proud and unapologetic.
- Is exciting, energetic and joyful, without appearing flippant.
- Creates experiences that people want to be part of, not because it’s the right thing to do, but because they don’t want to miss out.
- Emphasises the connection, shared ownership and inclusivity of AFLW across fans and players
- Accountable for ensuring a brand identity that lives in all elements of our fans interaction with the Brand, from broadcast product, to match day experience, commercial partnerships, content, and digital platforms.
- Lead brave initiatives in how we make decisions for the sustainable growth of AFLW and not simply mirroring the men’s competition.
- Inspire future generations who no longer have to wonder whether it’s possible for women to play at the highest level
- Celebrate the physicality, athleticism and the energy of AFLW. Making qualities part of our DNA.
- Share insightful and compelling stories about AFLW that stretch across 365 days of the year – not just during the competition.
- Ensure that we are looking at the game through an authentic female lens
- Align and engage with like-minded brands who want to tell a story about equality
- Create a unique fan experience
- Work closely with all 18 clubs to support them with the W Fan Strategy
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Nimble and able to keep pace.
- Ability to view the market with fresh eyes, every time
- Willingness to change, build and grow
- Deep brand strategy experience
- Strong experience developing marketing strategy and leading cross functional marketing programs from planning through to execution
- Excellent communication, strategic leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Significant experience in audience and brand strategy
- A relentless and curious nature as well as a collaborative mindset
- Strong commercial acumen
- Change management including leading cultural change
- Managing high profile internal and external stakeholders across a range of industries and sectors
- Leading in a public and high-pressure, highly scrutinised environment
- Development and execution of a strategic plan
Please visit afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 4 May 2023