- Sunday- 1:00 pm – 5:00pm
- Location: Des Renford Aquatic Center, Maroubra, NSW 2035
- Excellent opportunity to supplement income
- Make a difference in the community
- Casual Position $44.50 per hour plus super
- One weekend shift only
- Ongoing Professional Development Training
- Free CPR Course twice a year
- Rainbow Edge – Online learning platform that gives our teachers the edge when teaching children with a disability
- Above award rates to attract dedicated and passionate teachers
- Supported by a team of Occupational Therapists
- Visual Aids and resources to help reinforce and deliver important goals and instructions
Rainbow Club is a network of social swimming clubs for children with a disability. Rainbow Club Australia is a charity that helps children with a disability learn to swim and provide young adults with aqua exercise. We have 35+ clubs in NSW and have plans to increase our footprint to meet the increasing demand for membership. We employ approx.165 swimming teachers on a casual basis to provide personalised swimming lessons and aqua exercise to children and young adults with a disability.
Lead Swim Teacher:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified swimming teacher to lead a team of swimming teachers to help children with disabilities learn to swim at Maroubra on Sunday afternoons during term.
This is a great opportunity for weekend work only. You will leave every week feeling like you’ve made a difference in the lives of children and families with a disability.
- Coordinates and supervises swim teachers at the Club
- Works together with local Rainbow Club Volunteer Committee
- Welcomes new members and assess their ability and continually monitors their progress through our program
- Conducts safe, positive, and motivating swimming classes around our Swim the Rainbow Program 2.0
- Supervises members in swimming classes and exercising judgement over their behaviour to ensure they don’t place themselves or others at risk
- Responsible for safety measures around the pool
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of swim teaching and water safety, ensuring member safety and enjoyment
- Ability to manage members of various ages and abilities in an aquatic learning environment.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise with members and parents
- Qualified Swim Teacher
- Current CPR