Balance Mayfield Aquatics centre provides a variety of Learn to Swim programs tailored to individual needs. Starting from beginners through to competition. Balance also provides school swimming programs and group bookings. Balance have an opportunity for a casual swimming instructor to join our experienced and passionate team.
Certifications required: AUSTSWIM qualifications, First Aid, CPR and Working with Children Check.
The successful applicant will demonstrate high energy and passion for teaching. Showing leadership while teaching you will be able to build strong relationships to role model and encourage students to try their best. With a flexible teaching style, you will be able to accommodate students with different learning styles and requirements. Your strong communication skills will assist you to update students and parents on progress and give you the ability to build relationships with schools and other external organisations.
Learn to Swim Class times:
Monday – Friday: AM: 8am-12pm // PM: 2.30-6.30pm
Saturday & Sunday: AM: 8am-12pm
Balance is owned by The Wests Group Australia, a Newcastle owned and operated (not for profit) membership-based organisation, which prides itself on offering exceptional entertainment, accommodation and dining venues across its five clubs, three hotels. Balance takes pride in exceptional service and has state-of-the-art-health facilities. The Wests Group Australia is a major employer in the Newcastle, Port Stephens and Lake Macquarie regions. Employing close to 1000 people, Wests operates a multi-site portfolio of entertainment and hospitality venues comprising of registered clubs, hotels, conference and fitness facilities as well as the Newcastle Knights. We are one of the many local success stories of our region.
Being an employee of The Wests Group will give you access to the following perks and benefits:
- Balance Collective employees only will receive x1 free gym membership whilst employed. Employees partners are welcome to discounted membership of $25 per month for an all-access Balance Collective membership (access to all three clubs, Mayfield aquatics, group fitness, yoga, pilates and unlimited creche).
- Flexible work options AND paid Parental Leave.
- Wellbeing Leave.
- Above-award wages, paid overtime and penalty rates for weekends and public holidays.
- Paid traineeships and leadership development courses.
- Discount accommodation rates at The Executive Inn, The Gateway Inn and The Anchorage Hotel & Spa.
- Discounted nib Health Insurance.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programs.
- Free annual flu vaccinations.