Who we are:
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. We are proud to be the winner of the Bluett Award 2022 and the 2022 Change Champion Award in the Enterprise Category. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre is proudly partnered with the Royal Life Saving Swim and Survive program. That program is a comprehensive swimming and water safety initiative to increase the swimming and water safety skills to prevent drowning and increase participation in safe aquatic activities. Most importantly we ensure the essential components of personal survival and water safety skills are provided, in addition to process of developing strong and effective swimming technique.
Northern Beaches Council is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Council acknowledges that protecting the safety of children and young people is a whole of community responsibility and is everyone’s business.
Working with us:
Northern Beaches Council provides a comprehensive range of benefits focused on our employees’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing, recognition and career development. In this role you’ll enjoy –
- A culture of supporting continuous professional development
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
You will be responsible for instructing swimming in our Learn to Swim program across a number of skill levels. There are many shift options available on weekday mornings, afternoons and weekends.
Note: If you have completed your course and looking to complete your training hours, please apply.
The key focus areas of this role include:
- Planning and implementing Swimming lessons as per the Swim Program Curriculum to achieve short term and long- term outcomes
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to swimming
- Develop and maintain rapport with swimmers and parents of the program
- Ensure that quality service is provided to all customers by responding promptly and courteously to requests for assistance and information
We are seeking passionate, positive and committed Swim Instructors new or experienced, to join our Learn to Swim Team at Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Aquatic Centre. You’ll bring passion and enthusiasm to a team passionate about making a difference to our community and the aquatic environment.
- Position Description
- Expected Interviews commencing from Monday 17/04/23
- Questions? Please call Genevieve Calabro on 0403 689 925