- Permanent – Part-time Role, 31.25 hours per week
Who we are:
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. We are proud to be the winner of the Bluett Award 2022 and the 2022 Change Champion Award in the Enterprise Category.
Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Lifeguard to join our Operations Team at the Warringah Aquatic Centre.
You will be responsible for delivering a high-quality supervision of pool and environment ensuring the highest standard of public supervision and safely for our members and customers. Ensure that quality service is provided to all customers by responding promptly and courteously to requests for assistance and information. The position reports to the Senior Shift Supervisor.
Northern Beaches Council is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Council acknowledges that protecting the safety of children and young people is a whole of community responsibility and is everyone’s business.
Working with us :
Northern Beaches Council provides a comprehensive range of benefits focused on our employees’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing, recognition and career development. In this role you’ll enjoy –
- Health and wellbeing leave
- A culture of supporting continuous professional development
- Employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- Values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
The key focus areas of this role include:
- Respond to, provide, report and record all incidents requiring the administration of first aid in the event of an injury or illness.
- Carry out preventative actions, rescues and initiate other emergency actions as and when required.
- Increase awareness of water safety with inclusion of “keep watch program”
We’re looking for a positive people-orientated person to join our team. You’ll bring enthusiasm and a customer focussed approach to a team passionate about making a difference to our community.