At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, you will join and lead a team during a key system transition stage for our business. Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of officers through all aspects of the employee lifecycle and with a focus on development and succession planning
- Act as the systems administrator for our recreation membership system (Perfect Gym) including data entry and general system maintenance
- Ensure YMS (YMCA Membership Services) processes are completed accurately, timely and with a focus on customer and centre care
- Develop a close working relationship with the software provider to ensure service level agreement outcomes are achieved
- Complete analysis and reporting as required
This is a permanent, full time position with a hybrid working model (1 day per week in our Box Hill offices). You may be required, on occasion, to travel to our various locations across Victoria.
Our ideal candidate has a creative and people centred work style and demonstrates a high level of administration and organisational skills. Additionally, you will:
- Demonstrated success leading a team of people, fostering a great team culture and continuous improvement mindset
- Previous experience or exposure to POS/CRM Systems (Perfect Gym highly regarded though not essential)
- Have an ability to quickly learn new systems and processes and be comfortable problem solving issues
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to deal confidently and courteously with internal and external stakeholders across various levels
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
How to Apply
We actively encourage people from CALD backgrounds, First Nations Peoples, people with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button now.