It is an exciting time for tennis in Australia and we have ambitious plans to continue to grow the game from grassroots through to high performance. To do this we are transforming how we deliver tennis, with the aim of offering more opportunities for more players and a greater role for personal coaches in identifying and developing Australia’s future talent. We are now looking for a National Development Squad Coach (QLD) to join the team and help us deliver these plans.
Reporting to the Director of Talent, you will be responsible for delivering a holistic High Performance Tennis Program for QLD. You will oversee the selection and development of players aged 8-18 years of age in our National Development Squad programs and the Player Support Program. Additionally, you will positively impact athlete and coach development within the state through communication, education, integration and support; with the ultimate goal of nurturing well rounded and higher performing players to transition into the National Tennis Academy.
In this role you will:
- Oversee and at times personally lead State (NDS) squad tennis training sessions
- Establish and lead all state camps and tours
- Maintain standards of professionalism and excellence that foster a high performance culture
- Collaborate with Athlete Services to ensure integrated support is offered to all state squad players
- Engage the services of the Performance Sciences team for state squad members
- Ensure that all QLD athletes in the Player Support Program are developing to their full potential in all aspects of their development with the support of the National Player Support Manager
- Manage relationships with private coaches and players
- Provide professional development and recognition opportunities for Talent Development Coaches
- Work with the Director of Talent & National Player Support Manager to manage the transition of players out of the state squads to the National Tennis Academy
What you will bring to this role:
- Demonstrated experience delivering a high performance tennis program
- High Performance coaching qualifications or willingness to attain
- Extensive experience coaching tennis at an elite national or international level
- Past playing experience at international level is highly desirable
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to achieve outcomes through people
- Ability to relate to a broad range of stakeholders including coaches, parents and players
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking experience
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a challenging and changing environment
- Alignment with the Tennis values of Excellence, Humility, Collaboration and Imagination
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
What’s in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Tickets to the Australian Open
- Salary Packaging available
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Flexible working practices
- A range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description please visit our website – tennis.com.au. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close: Sunday 7th of May at 11:00pm (AEST).
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.