The role of the National Men’s Beach Volleyball Physical Preparation Coach is to support and work in collaboration with the National Beach Volleyball Coaches, Sports Science and Medical staff to prepare all Beach Volleyball National Team athletes in all physical aspects.
This includes but is not limited to, strength and power development, speed development, agility and movement skills, recovery, injury prevention and rehabilitation within the daily training environment, in accordance with the priorities set by VA, the National Performance Director and the National Beach Volleyball Coaches, and with the objective of winning medals at the Olympic Games, World Championships, Commonwealth Games and FIVB World Tour.
This will be a full-time role that incorporates work with the National Men’s Beach Volleyball Program along with working with other sports at the South Australian Sports Institute. The Physical Preparation Coach will be required to be flexible with after-hours and weekend work.
The role is currently located at the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) in Kidman Park, however, in 2024 the Men’s National Beach Volleyball program will be relocating to the new state-of-the-art SASI Performance Centre in Mile End in 2024.
The role responsibilities are as follows:
- With the leadership of the National Performance Enhancement and Innovative Coach and the National Beach Volleyball Coaches, set the strategy for the physical preparation of the Senior and Developing Beach Volleyroos with the Senior Coach and the national coaches.
- Under the guidance of the National Performance Enhancement and Innovation Coach, deliver innovative and World best practices to the training and performance environment for individual athletes to improve their performances and achieve their KPIs.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating specialised and individualised strength and conditioning practices relative to the sport of beach volleyball to ensure performance optimisation and injury prevention and management, and other areas of physical preparation as agreed.
- Work with coaches and sports science and medicine staff in an inter-disciplinary, integrated, collaborative team to optimise performance, athlete health and wellbeing.
- Enhancing integrated physical preparation and development (speed, agility, endurance skill and power) of beach volleyball athletes through court-based game-specific trainings developed in consultation with coaches and other experts.
- Managing the load management and monitoring of the Senior and Developing Beach Volleyroos.
- Utilise data analytics from Beach Volleyball competition and practice environments to help enhance and progress the physical preparation of athletes, teams, and the National Beach Volleyball Centre of Excellence.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with other performance service personnel within our national programs as well as with the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI).
- Developing with the coaches a matrix of the physical attributes of international-level beach volleyball athletes for the predicting of future talent, particularly for the assessment of candidates for the Centre of Excellence.
- Contributing to a safe and healthy work environment, free from discrimination and harassment by working in accordance with legislative requirements, the Code of Ethics, and human resources policies.
- Contributing to VA’s and SASI’s Coach Education programs as required
- Support leadership and expertise development within the SASI Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coaches and participate as an active member of the S&C discipline team.
- Some international and domestic travel may also be required.