At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Safeguarding Manager, you will join a small but high performing team to embed the priorities of our 2025 Strategy across all business units. Additionally, you will:
- Support team members and leaders across each business unit to understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and internal licensing standards including delivery of training programs
- Support the delivery of safeguarding requirements within tender processes including risk mitigation programs and initiatives
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities within processes, systems and leadership
This is a permanent, full time position with a hybrid working model (1 day per week in our Box Hill offices). You may be required, on occasion, to travel to our various locations across Victoria.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for ensuring safe environments for children and young people and demonstrates a high level of empathy and care in their approach. Additionally, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position, influencing, engaging and providing specialist advise in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to interpret and communicate legislative requirements across multiple jurisdictions
- Sound written and oral communication and interpersonal service skills with an ability to deal confidently and confidentially with people of various levels and demographics
- Comfortability with public speaking and facilitating training
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
How to Apply
We actively encourage people from CALD backgrounds, First Nations Peoples, people with disabilities, people of varying religious beliefs and those in the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button now.