We’re currently searching for an enthusiastic and qualified Sport & Recreation Development Officer to join our organisation in a full-time capacity.
- Job Number: R2305
- Applications Close: 4pm, Thursday 27 April 2023
The Sport & Recreation Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing assistance and reporting to the Recreation Development Coordinator within the Community Department. The position also works closely with Council’s Building and Environmental Services, Parks and Gardens, Works and Infrastructure Services and Asset Services staff.
- Providing direct two-way communication links between sport and recreation organisations and Council in relation to managing the development of recreation facilities and projects.
- Supporting and advising sports administrators to encourage greater participation by females, older adults, people with a disability, young people, indigenous groups, remote rural residents and other cultural and gender diverse groups (Target Groups).
- Working with, assisting and providing information to the general community in their utilisation and development of Council recreational facilities and public open space and in encouraging accessible recreational participation.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Council’s Recreation Services according to Council’s corporate goals and Recreation Strategy.
Qualifications and experience
Ideally the successful applicant will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications and / or experience in a sport / recreation discipline or associated field such as community development or project management is preferred.
- Experience in the operation of sporting and recreation organisations and how this relates to local government.
- Knowledge of the current sporting environment at a National, State, and local level.
- Experience in the development and delivery of projects that are externally funded.
- Experience in developing partnerships with organisations and influence their ability to deliver programs that address equity issues and facilitate accessible programs.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Hold a current satisfactory Police Check or willing to obtain prior to employment.
Salary and conditions
The position is classified within Band 6 of Council’s current Enterprise Agreement ranging from $85,983.04 to $93,722.72 per annum plus statutory superannuation.
Mildura Rural City Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culture that values diversity. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will need to provide a Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Mildura Rural City Council is a Child Safe organisation and as such, applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Applicants may also be required to undergo a pre-employment medical check as per the requirements of the role.
About our organisation
Mildura Rural City Council is a dynamic local government organisation that provides 100+ different services, facilities, programs and infrastructure to a resident base of 56,000+. Our workforce of 600+ employees support our community and help make our region a great place to live, work, play and visit. Learn more about our organisation at mildura.vic.gov.au
About our region
Mildura Rural City covers almost 10 per cent of the state of Victoria and shares borders with both New South Wales and South Australia. The region is home to Mildura – a vibrant city of 35,000+ people – and a range of smaller townships and rural communities spread across 22,000 square kilometres.
Only a short flight from three capital cities, Mildura boasts quality services, exciting attractions, diverse industries and a strong community spirit. There are fantastic professional, cultural, social, sporting and educational opportunities on offer. Learn more about our region at visitmildura.com.au