- Degree in Sports Management and looking for your first job?
- Join new Basketball Operation team at Norths
- Full time – flexible start date May or June
Join the new Basketball Operations team with some of the leading talent in Basketball management in Australia. We are committing to growing careers, so you will get the best opportunity to develop foundational skills in the sports industry.
Northern Suburbs Basketball Association (Norths) is a not for profit sports association, located in the heart of Crows Nest. The new role of Sports Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Basketball Operations team in delivering best practice programs for community sport, development and high performance.
What will my day look like?
- Support the delivery of, and expansion of basketball programs in the community
- Perform administrative and operational tasks (e.g. program registrations, updating databases and providing competition software support, people admin and reporting at Association and State level)
- Respond to enquiries, both face to face and over the phone
- Help the team at Basketball events
- Build your familiarity with Norths Bylaws, Guidelines and disciplinary matters
We shut down over major holidays like Christmas/New Year, Easter, Kings Birthday and Labour Day so you won’t miss big occasions with friends or family but you may need to be flexible and available on some weekends when we have events like the NBL1 series at the stadium or Player end of year events.
What you will have:
- Confidence to try something new and not afraid to ask questions
- Some experience is admin roles or delivery of sport programs, events and competitions would be valued
- Communication skills that make for good emails and great conversations
- Sound Tech skills including Office 365, Intermediate or advanced Excel. if you had exposure to sport programs please mention it in your resume
- A love of sport helps (it doesn’t have to be basketball!)
- A current NSW Working with Children’s Check Employee
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
Working at Norths brings great satisfaction so it’s yours for the taking. So will you? Come and play at Norths.
Please no agencies.