Huntingtower has a long tradition of educational excellence and consistently performs academically among the top schools in Victoria.
The Huntingtower Sports and Aquatic Centre is located within Huntingtower School and is comprises an eight lane, 25m training pool and a 12.5m teaching pool. The Centre runs learn to swim classes and training squads for all ages. We also run well recognised and respected School’s Program serving the Primary Schools in the Monash area. Our clients are delighted with our small classes, kind, highly skilled teachers, our finely tuned program and our clean environment.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced and dynamic Swim Centre Manager to oversee the daily operations of the centre, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of all guests and promoting a positive and welcoming environment for all. This is a full-time ongoing position to commence as soon as possible. Work outside of normal school hours and on weekends may be required.
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, the Swim Centre Manager is responsible for:
- Designing, managing, leading, and implementing a first-class swim programme that supports both the development and performance of all swimmers at Huntingtower Sports and Aquatics Centre (HSAC).
- Manage the daily operations of HSAC including scheduling, staff management and customer service.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all guests be enforcing safety policies and procedures, monitoring pool areas, and responding to emergencies as necessary.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff members, including lifeguards, swim instructors, and other support staff.
- Some facility management
- School carnival preparation and supporting swimming component of the Huntingtower Health and PE Program under the guidance from Head of Sport
The successful candidate will develop and implement best practice processes and procedures to ensure the highest standard of operation and promotion of HSAC and have a minimum 3 years of management experience in aquatics, and relevant qualifications and certificates to support your application. A tertiary qualification in Sports Management, Recreation Management, or related field preferred. Current lifeguard certification and CPR/First Aid certification required. Pool Plant Operators certification will be highly regarded.
Information about the School and this position description is available on the Huntingtower School – Employment Opportunities
A current employment Working with Children Check (E) and a Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment at Huntingtower.
Huntingtower is a child safe employer and is committed to providing a child safe culture that ensures the care, protection and safety of all children and young people. This includes children from other cultures, aboriginal descent and those with a disability. Huntingtower is committed to upholding Victoria’s Child Safe standards through our policies and procedures. Huntingtower embraces non-discriminatory recruitment by providing equal employment opportunity to all and maintains strict privacy and confidentiality regarding your application.