Would you like to be a learn to swim instructor. Belgravia Leisure will pay for your swimming teacher qualification and pay you while training you as a swimming instructor. Connecting community to leisure!
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney’s six iconic Aquatic and Fitness Leisure Centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Pool, Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Pool, Prince Alfred Park Pool, and Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre).
At Belgravia Leisure, we believe in the power of Our People in Connecting Community to Leisure. We greatly value diversity and encourage people from all backgrounds to find a career with us. We pride ourselves on providing our employees with access to an extensive range of career options and opportunities for career progression at any of our family-friendly venues, with the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
The Learn To Swim Instructor provides swimming lessons to groups, schools, and individuals within swimming program guidelines in a safe, fun and educational environment in which students progressively learn to swim.
- Conducting safe, positive, and motivating swimming classes around a structured program
- Determining each student’s level of competency, and recommending appropriate programs within course guidelines
- Supervising students in swimming classes and exercising judgement over their behaviour to ensure they don’t place themselves or others at risk
- Working with team members to continually evaluate, review and modify existing programs
- Continually updating knowledge of swimming industry developments.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of swim teaching and water safety, ensuring participant safety and enjoyment
- Ability to manage students of various ages and abilities in an aquatic learning environment.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise with students and parents