Campus Life is currently seeking a Fulltime Swimming Coach – Squads to join the Macquarie University Sports and Aquatics Centre (MUSAC) team. Reporting to the Head Coach, the Swimming Coach – Squads will be responsible for delivering face to face training sessions across a range of abilities and ages.
- Coach and develop swimmers from the junior development phase through to Senior Competition phase within the MQU Squad program.
- Develop and implement seasonal training plans, providing coaching and advice on technical stroke correction and competition-based performance, adapting and modifying stroke models to suit varying abilities.
- Attend and coach at MQU Club races, internal and external competitions
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of internal swimming events and activities in consultation with the Head Coach.
- Consult with Head Coach to assist and provide feedback within the squad program via the use of Greenedesk, for continued growth and improvement of the squad program
- Completion of administration duties including recording swimmer’s progression and answering parent enquiries & parent feedback on student progression
You have a customer centric mindset combined with demonstrated experience coaching in a competitive squad development environment at State and/or National level swimmers. You have the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the initiative to work independently.
In addition, you meet the following criteria:
- Ability to develop and nurture swimmers of all abilities with diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including handling sensitive matters regarding participants in a respectful and confidential manner
- Proven experience in customer service skills and complaints handling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Work hours will vary throughout the competition season. Must be available to work on a rotating roster seven (7) days per week.
- Available to work split shifts
- Competitive coaching experience of Metropolitan/Country level athletes and above
- Hold AUSTSWIM or SCTA Teacher Towards Competitive Strokes and/or SCTA Development Coach certification
This role requires a NSW Working with Children Check, current first aid and CPR certificates.
- AUSTSWIM or Swim Australia Teacher of Adults, or Masters Coaching Accreditation (preferred)
- SCTA Coaching Open Water Swimmers (preferred)
- ASCA Level 1 Strength and Conditioning (preferred)
Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre (MUSAC) is a multi-purpose venue. Located at Wallumattagal Campus, North Ryde, our facility includes a 6-lane heated indoor pool, and an 8-lane outdoor heated Olympic-sized swimming pool. The squad coaching team provides coaching and direction in best practice and techniques for competitive swimmers of all ages.
At Campus Life we believe in a diverse, robust and supportive work environment. We know our capacity to drive progressive change and offer excellent programs and services is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are committed to our people, we embrace diversity and welcome our people just as they are.
- Competitive Salary
- Complementary Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre gym access
- Ongoing education and professional development opportunities
- Access to our staff wellbeing program and staff support services
- Working on a vibrant parkland campus, with a huge variety of food & beverage outlets, and general practice & hospital amenities
- Access to discounted corporate health insurance and employee flu shot program
- Full access to the University’s Library
- Staff discounts at Campus Life operated hospitality outlets
- Salary sacrifice options
Diversity and Inclusion
Innovation and ingenuity thrive at Macquarie University when diversity, equity and inclusion take centre stage. At the University, we embrace a culture where diversity of background, experience and perspective are fundamental to our success.
We do not discriminate on gender identity, age, culture, disability, sexuality, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities or religion. See our journey towards leadership in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education.