Get ready for a fantastic global experience! SWIMLAND Shanghai is looking for energetic and motivated swimming teachers to join our team in Shanghai, China as part of our Australian owned business. SWIMLAND uses an Australian and AUSTSWIM teaching philosophy, adapted to the local market. You will be responsible for delivering swimming and water safety classes in English to both International and Local (Chinese) students.
Shanghai is a vibrant, global city and is one of the most populated cities in China. You will find many places to relax and enjoy life during downtime with many business centres and districts to explore. Shanghai also has the largest and most diverse expat population in China, which allows you not only to experience local culture but immerse yourself in the food, music and cultural activities from all over the world.
NOTE: All restrictions have now been removed relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic, normal travel has resumed and local restrictions have been lifted. Making Shanghai once again a premier destination within Asia.
As a swimming teacher you will be required to follow the company’s values and curriculum, provide effective and engaging class teaching and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism when interacting with colleagues and customers. You will be required to participate in program related operations and administration work in a systematic way, as well as participate in training to constantly improve and develop teaching performance.
- Accountable for teaching students swimming lessons according to the SwimLand program, which are organised and booked through SwimLand.
- Following the schedule for classes as laid out by SwimLand, arriving at locations and starting classes on time.
- Required to follow professional expectations laid out by our Teaching Staff Employee Handbook.
- Accountable for monitoring the progress of students, and have students move through SwimLand levels according to the level up criteria provided by SwimLand.
- Completing the attendance record of students daily through the SwimLand online system.
- Ensure communication to customers (parents and guardians) follows protocols for coach communication policies as stated by SwimLand.
- Communicate with other SwimLand staff and management regularly, including attending weekly staff meetings.
- Attend additional training and meetings arranged by SwimLand management.
- Keep relevant qualifications updated
- Ensure additional administrative work relating to swimming lessons, including report cards, writing a paragraph for the coach’s chosen Star Student of the Month, writing additional lessons plans for one on one classes for students with special needs, etc, is written and submitted on time.
- Provide feedback to SwimLand management relating to lessons.
- Working hours per semester will vary due to the nature of programs being run, as well as special programs during the summer period. However, 1-2 days per week time off can be expected, our peak time is 15:30-18:30 every weekday and 10:00-16:00 every weekend.
- Accommodation provided for 12 months
- Medical Insurance
- Support in relocating and getting established in Shanghai
- Ongoing professional development
- Basic Mandarin Chinese Lessons
- Holiday Leave
- Opportunity for progression to supervisory/trainer role
- Holds a AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Certificate or an international equivalent.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for swimming and sport
- Prior knowledge in swimming and the aquatics industry is preferred
- Work times will include both weekend and weekday lessons
- University Degree preferred (for work visa requirements)